The ISO/IEC 20000 Auditor course is a 2-day classroom training relevant for professionals who play a role as a 3rd party auditor in an ISO/IEC 20000 assessment. This course is designed for professionals and certified auditors who require an orientation into ITSM in general and ISO/IEC 2000 in particular. Internal auditors working in an organization which is implementing or already has ISO/IEC 20000 certification will also find this course useful to improve not only their understanding of the subject but also the application of ISO/IEC 20000 within their organization.
At the end of the 2-day classroom training, the APMG certification exam, which is a multiple-choice exam, can be conducted. This training does not cover audit techniques or the issues involved in preparing an organization for an audit.
The certificate is awarded to candidates passing the relevant examination, which can only be taken as part of an accredited training course. The course covers the interpretation and application of the ISO/IEC 20000 standard. The exam consists of a closed-book, 25-question, multiple-choice test, which is paper based. To pass, candidates must answer 18 or more questions correctly.
This qualification is aimed at existing third-party or internal auditors who wish to understand the specific requirements of auditing IT service management systems for conformity with the ISO/IEC 20000 standard.
Delegates attending the course are required to have a minimum of three years’ experience conducting audits in an IT environment. This may be as a third-party auditor or as an internal auditor for an organization. This qualification will build on basic audit and IT knowledge with regard to the contents of ISO/IEC 20000 and its use.
The candidate should understand the principles of ITSM and the contents of ISO/IEC 20000. Specifically, the candidate should understand:
- The structure, requirements, objectives and application of ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (service management system requirements)
- Eligibility, applicability and scoping principles and how to apply them to a typical ITSM service provider.
- Application and relevance of parts of the ISO/IEC 20000 series
- What is required in pre-audits, formal certification and surveillance audits
- The regulations of the APMG certification scheme.
Course Organizational Logistics:
- Up to 16 participants
- Classroom with a U-shaped seating arrangement
- A minimum of 1 break-out room
- Whiteboard, flipchart, and projector
ITpreneurs is an accredited course provider with APMG and is authorized to deliver ISO/IEC 20000 training courses and exams. APMG offers three unique individual certification exams, the Foundation, Practitioner and the Auditor certification exams.
- Background to the ISO/IEC 20000 standard
- Certification schemes and the APMG certification scheme
- Principles of IT service management
- ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 (Part 1), its usage and relevance within the certification process
- The SMS, the processes and mandatory requirements within Part 1
- Documentation required to achieve certification and to demonstrate conformity
- The usage of ISO/IEC 20000-2 (Part 2) in support of Part 1 and the certification process
- Applicability, eligibility and scoping based on ISO/IEC 20000-3 (Part 3)
|Day 1||Day 2|
|Registration||Review of Homework|
|Overview of ISO/IEC 20000||Control Processes|
|Overall Management Requirements Group Assignment||Automation Tools|
|Service Delivery Processes||Scoping, Eligibility, and Audit Preparation Group Assignment 3|
|Relationship Processes||Exam Preparation|
|Multiple-Choice Sample Paper 1||Course Summary and Evaluation|
|Review Paper I||Examiniation|
|Homework (review of day’s material)|