This five-day intensive course enables participants to develop the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2010. Participants will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices used to implement business continuity processes from the ISO 22399. This training is consistent with the project management practices established in ISO 10006 (Quality Management Systems – Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). This training is fully compatible with BS 25999 (Business continuity management specification) and ISO 27031 (Guidelines for information and communication technology readiness for business continuity).
- Project managers or consultants wanting to prepare and to support an organization in the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS).
- Business continuity auditors who wish to fully understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System.
- Persons responsible for the business continuity conformity in an organization.
- Members of a business continuity team.
- Expert advisors in business continuity.
- Members of an organization that want to prepare for an business continuity function or for a BCMS project management function.
- To understand the implementation of a BCMS in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999.
- To gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for the effective management of a BCMS.
- To understand the relationship between the components of a BCMS and the compliance with the requirements.
- To acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, managing and maintaining a BCMS as specified in ISO22301 or BS 25999.
- To acquire the necessary expertise to manage a team implementing ISO22301 or BS 25999.
ISO 22301 Foundation Certification or basic knowledge of ISO 27031 or BS 25999 and business continuity concepts is recommended.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material, a study handbook containing key principles and practical examples, and an exam preparation guide.
- The “Certified ISO 22301 Implementer” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business continuity best practice based on ISO 22301
- Domain 3: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 4: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 6: Continual improvement of a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Domain 7: Preparing for a BCMS certification audit
- The exam is available in different languages, including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese
- The exam consists of 13 essay-type questions
- Open book: Participants may use all PECB provided documentation plus their own course notes, but will not be permitted to use any computer, laptop or any other electronic device.
- Paper-based exam
- A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam lasts 180 minutes
For more information about the exam, please visit: www.pecb.org
A certificate will be issued to participants who successfully passed the exam and comply with all the other requirements related to the selected credential:
- Professional experience: five years, two years of Business Continuity work experience
- BCMS audit experience: none
- BCMS project experience: project activities totaling 300 hours
Other requirements: Signing the PECB code of ethics
Day 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22201; initiating a BCMS
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO/PAS 22399, ISO 27031, BS 25999 and regulatory framework
- Fundamental principles of Business continuity
- Preliminary analysis and establishment of the maturity level of the existing Business Continuity Management System based upon ISO 21827
- Writing a business case and a project plan for the implementation of a BCMS
Day 2: Planning a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Definition of the scope of a BCMS
- Development of a BCMS and business continuity policies
- Business impact analysis (BIA) and risk assessment
Day 3: Implementing a BCMS based on ISO 22301
- Implementation of a document management framework
- Design of business continuity processes and writing procedures
- Development of a training & awareness program and communicating about the BCMS
- Incident management and emergency management
- Operations management of a BCMS
Day 4: Controlling, monitoring and measuring a BCMS and certification audit of a BCMS in accordance with ISO 22301
- Monitoring BCMS processes
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards
- Internal audit and management review of a BCMS
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Preparing for an ISO 22301 certification audit
Day 5: ANSI Accredited Certification Exam