This course gives the participants an opportunity to learn about the best practices for implementing and managing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) as specified in ISO 22301, as well as the best practices for implementing the Business Continuity processes based on the ISO/PAS 22399.
The Professional Evaluation Certification Board (PECB) is ISO/IEC 17024 accredited by ANSI.
- Members of a business continuity team
- IT Professionals wanting to gain a comprehensive knowledge of the main processes of a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- Staff involved in the implementation of the ISO 22301 standard
- Technicians involved in operations related to a BCMS
- To understand the implementation of a Business Continuity Management System in accordance with ISO 22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999.
- To understand the relationship between a Business Continuity Management System, including risk management, controls and compliance with the requirements of different stakeholders of the organization.
- To know the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques allowing to effectively manage a Business Continuity Management System.
- To acquire the necessary expertise to contribute in implementing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) as specified in ISO22301, ISO 27031 or BS 25999.
Participants receive a copy of the classroom presentation material, a study handbook containing key principles with practical examples, and an exam preparation guide.
- The “Certified ISO 22301 Foundation” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). The exam covers the following competence domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of business continuity
- Domain 2: Business Continuity Management System (BCMS)
- The exam is available in different languages, including English, French, Spanish and Portuguese
- The exam consists of 5 essay-type questions
- Open book: Participants may use all PECB provided documentation plus their own course notes, but will not be permitted to use any computer, laptop or any other electronic device.
- Paper-based exam
- A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the exam
- The exam lasts 60 minutes
For more information about the exam, please visit: www.pecb.org
A certificate of Certified ISO 22301 Foundation is issued to participants who successfully pass the ISO 22301 Foundation Exam:
- No experience requirements
- No certification fee
- No annual maintenance fee
- Certified for life
Day 1: Introduction to Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) concepts as required by ISO 22301
- Presentation of the standards ISO 22301, ISO 27031, ISO/PAS 22399, BS 25999 and regulatory framework
- Introduction to management systems and the process approach
- Fundamental principles in business continuity
- General requirements: presentation of the clauses 4 to 10 of ISO 22301
Day 2: Implementing controls in business continuity according to ISO 22301 and Certification Exam
- Business impact analysis (BIA) and risk management
- Implementation phases of the ISO 22301 framework
- Continuing improvement of business continuity
- Conducting an ISO 22301 certification audit
- Certified ISO 22301 Foundation exam