This dynamic 3¬day certification course, introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing IT services to deliver to business expectations. As well as an engaging, case study based approach to learning the core disciplines of the ITIL® best practice. This course also positions the student to successfully complete the associated exam which is a prerequisite for sitting for an intermediate level certification exam. The ITIL® best practice is composed of five core disciplines: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement. These disciplines represent a service life cycle framework that further enhances alignment to the business while demonstrating business value, ROI and enabling IT to solve specific operational needs. This training class outlines the principles, processes and activities, organization and roles, technology, challenges, critical success factors, and risks for each discipline.
This ITIL foundation level certification class is intended for the following individuals: IT Management, IT Support Staff, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, and System Integrators.
This ITIL foundation level course enables individuals to gain an understanding of the basics associated with IT service management.
At the end of this course, your certification training will enable you to:
- Identify the key principles and concepts of IT Service Management.
- Identify the benefits of implementing ITIL® in an organization.
- Identify the Service Management processes and how they map to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the basic concepts and definitions related to the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the activities and roles involved with the Service Lifecycle.
- Identify the relationship of each component of the Service Lifecycle and how they map to other components.
- Identify the factors that affect the effectiveness of the Service Lifecycle.
There are no prerequisites for attending this ITIL foundation level training class or for eligibility to sit for the course exam that leads to certification. Although, a familiarity with IT service delivery is beneficial.
The ITIL Foundation exam is delivered in a closed book format consisting of forty (40) multiple choice questions. The pass score is 65% (26 out of 40 questions). The ITIL Foundation exam lasts 60 minutes and is delivered on the last day of the class.